Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 22:: P3 WIPs

So far:

    

Trying to get the male anatomy correct. I think it works fairly well, although I need to make more changes to the body outline for my character in specific since he isn't meant to be super beefy or muscly. I'm also not particularly happy with his face/hair right now so I'll probably redo that as well. I envisioned him as a taller lankier guy, so I suppose the basic body outline can be altered to my needs. I'm just trying to keep things in proper proportion, although body types vary so I just need to keep in mind that not one single body 'frame' will match all the characters. I also want him to have a slightly 'beak' like nose to allude to his gryphon gene influence, and smaller angled eyes to make him look serious all the time.

I may use today to try and get the body shape right, and then work on some possible outfits on a seperate page in my sketchbook as to not alter the sketch of the body outline on the tracing paper. On the previous project, I drew the clothes outline on top of the female figure outline, but since I'm not as familiar with drawing males, and I have no idea what I want him to be wearing, I'll draw the outfit on a separate tracing paper sheet than the body shape one, to keep things organized.

Also to note: need to decide on outfit /before/ the back/side views are drawn, at least clothing wise, so everything will line up properly.

Notes to self:

Used to work in the palace as a guard
Kicked out/had to escape??
Only residual part of his guard outfit left is his boots? (full iron boots or just on leather boots??)

Facial structure:

Elongated face to account for larger beak-like nose
Thin lips
Thick eyebrows
Small angled eyes (to keep up serious-look??)
Still unsure of hairstyle??

No comments:

Post a Comment