Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1:: P2 WIPs

 **
Still need:

Full name, pronunciation, & nickname (Possibly decided, at least first name)
Eye color, Hair color
In depth personality (?)
Superstitions/Quirks
Good/Bad Habits

**

Tossing around the idea of 'Melinda' for the main character's name. Last name undecided.

Possible 'nicknames' if named Melinda:
Mel
Mellie
Melly
Linnie

Unsure if I'll actually use Melinda, was just an initial thought. I want something that might allude to the fact that she's a witch, without outright saying it with names associated with 'witchy' such as Glinda or Elphaba (Wizard of Oz).

Progress:

Non Scanned:

Made charts for expressions + put tracing paper over the top of them to preserve the original paper. I did it this way so I can re-use the same 'sheets' for later characters, without harming it. The tracing paper serves as a barrier. There are 25 expressions that will be explored this way.

Scanned:








I started lining the sketch for the OC reference sheet. A good portion is done, but I realized after doing the lines for majority of the front view of the character that I did change the boot design a tad. For layering purposes, I wanted to do the boots before I finished lining the hair, so that is why it is incomplete. The back view is almost finished being lined. Side view was not scanned at the time of initial lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment