Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19:: Project 1 Finals


Version 1: More Vivid Colors


Version 2: Less Saturated Colors ('rainy mood')



World Map (will provide link to the free map texture used)

I made 2 versions of the world map since I wasn't sure if I liked it with the brighter colors or with the less saturated color scheme. The map uses a free map texture I was able to get access to from poking around on Deviantart for a bit. I'll add in the URL for the texture shortly.

Project Synopsis:

I found that digital painting provides a good challenge as it's something I'm still not super experienced with and could definitely use more practice on. On the zone painting, I tried to paint it on one layer but I ended up painting it on more than one for ease of blending (and a bit of my own sanity since I couldn't fathom making a mistake on one layer). Overall, the process was challenging and yet very fun and enlightening and I'd like to try and do it a bit more. I'm somewhat happy with where the zone 1 painting ended up, though I may revisit it later in the semester if time provides, to improve on it even further, perhaps to play with different color schemes for the scenery.

The map I want to revisit later for sure, since I still feel it needs more detail on it, like differentiation in showing mountain ranges and cliffs etc. I would also like to attempt to make my own map texture with experimentation (tea, wrinkles, ink etc) and use it instead of one I can use for free somewhere. It was merely a stand in, however, to get the idea across.

No comments:

Post a Comment